Many of the households in Melbourne own a pet, be it a dog or cat. Quickly this loving creature becomes part of your family and each and every family member starting loving them. However, being a pet owner has its own challenges. Along with adding a dog or cat to your home comes all the dirt, pet dander, hair that they track in on a regular basis. Beside this, it’s quite likely that at some time or other pets have had an ‘accident’ on the carpet floor. And a carpet cleaning Melbourne becomes a real nightmare.
Having pets doesn’t mean that you need to change your carpet on the yearly basis. Pest accidents can happen at any instant of time and when it happens a quick spot-cleaning or odour elimination can help a lot in keeping your carpet clean and clear. Fortunately, in this blog we have brought up handful practical and resourceful carpet cleaning tips that will help in keeping your carpet clean and you can have a great time enjoying with your pets.
- Vacuum on a regular basis
Vacuuming your carpet regularly is one of the best ways to keep your carpets clean and clear. It will prevent dirt and grime from accumulating in your carpet. Many of the home owners vacuum their carpet once in a month due to lack of time, but that is wrong. Check the traffic flow in your home and choose the right schedule to keep the dirt at bay by vacuuming your carpets regularly.
- House-train your pets
You need to train your pet and introduce him with your new home. Train him where to sit, where to urinate and lots other things. Make sure you begin training your pets when they’re young so they will have an easier time getting into the routine of things. If pet training is not your cup of tea then hire an in-home pet instructor to spend some quality time teaching your loving pet proper house behaviour.
- Removal of stains
- For new wet urine stains
- Don’t let the stains set in. As soon as you see the fresh stain on your carpet, get it cleaned quickly using hand held extractor.
- If you don’t have extractor then makes use of a paper towel on the area and cover with several sheets of newspaper. Moreover, place newspaper underneath the soiled region as well. Then stand on the padding for about a minute.
- Remove the padding and repeat the process until the area is almost dry.
- Then wash the area with cold water and remove by blotting or by using your carpet extractor.
- Remove old pet stains
- Removing old pest stains is the hardest task and often need professionals hand to clean your carpet as they have necessary tools and cleaning solutions to do the job.